CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

The one with the 37 week appt. (and "the news")

Well...beleive it or not, we have made it 37 weeks! I still have tons of friends that tell me that we won't make it all the way until May 25th, but I, and Maddox, disagree! We went to the doctor today, and after waiting for 2 hours (he was so behind because of an emergency c-section earlier in the morning), we were told that everything is still "in tact", and it doesn't look like he's coming anytime before his due date. Although, he said that he could come at any time! :)

Now for "the news"...my WONDERFUL doctor told us that he is going on a medical mission trip leaving on Wednesday the 28th!!!! Please don't get me wrong, I'm so excited that our doctor is so involved with the Lord, and is going on this trip, but WHY NOW?!?!? :) He did say however that if I am dialated at all, he would like to induce on the 27th, so he could be here, but he's not going to if I haven't dialated. SO...I may have to have another doctor. I'm a little nervous, not to mention for the obvious reasons, but I haven't seen anyone else at all!

Also, after talking with Dr. Phillips today, I think we may have changed our mind to deliver at Baptist East. We were going to Jackson, but after lots of stories (which I'm going to spare you), and going by there after our appointment...I think that's where we are going. Any suggestions?

My great friend Lindsey (look for her blog on the side), has shown me how to do more on here, so maybe I'll get a little better. She also took some GREAT pictures of me...not because they were of me!!! :) I'll try to get these on ASAP! Until next time...

10 comments:

Ryan F. said...

Well we had Will at Jackson and our experience was a good one. I could not complain at all about our birthing experience and we induced a couple of weeks early with him. I was grateful not to have to change rooms at all throughout the whole process. (This is Tammy by the way, not Ryan. Just realized I would lose my comment if I logged him out so I could log on.)

Unknown said...

We delivered both boys at East and I'm SO glad.

It was nice being so close to Dr. Martin's office across the street so that he could come by every morning. Kirk & Christie had Sara at Jackson and she didn't see her doc any after the birth...the doctor that is in Prattville for the day stops by at Jackson to check on patients in the morning.

BTW - if Dr. Phillips doesn't deliver you and you happen to get Dr. Martin, you're in good hands. he is my regular doc and delivered both boys. He is WONDERFUL!!!

Try to take it easy these next few weeks :)

Chad said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well. I hope the next few weeks go by quickly for you.

Kristi said...

I loved East - and I have ALOT of experience there! HA! Anyway, you know that Dr. Phillips delivered both of mine, and Dr. Waller was my OB, and I was so glad (after the fact). You know that anyone in that group is fabulous. And, it's not likely that your doc will deliver you anyway!!! So not fair!!! Anyway, that's my 2 cents. You guys will do great and either hospital will be fine, too.

Leah said...

You know we delivered at East and loved it. And as far as Dr. going on the Mission trip...you'll be fine. You can't go wrong with that practice...

Though I have no experience, because I had c-sections, I've heard inductions are really tough, so I'm going to pray he comes on his own before then!

I'm SO proud of you updating!!

Melissa Lester said...

We delivered our three Alabama babies at East and had a great experience. Dr. Miller was my doctor, and she delivered Christian and Mary Ashley. She was out on maternity leave when I had Emma, so I changed right at the end of my pregnancy to Dr. Connor right at the end. It surprised me that I could feel so emotional about having a new doctor. After all, I was having my fourth baby. But I had a great experience with Dr. Connor. I would agree with others who say you can't go wrong with that practice. And the nurses at East are great. I'll be praying for a smooth delivery!

P.S. I would recommend taking your hospital pre-registration forms by the hospital instead of mailing them. When I have mailed them, we have still had to register again once we got there.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update! I still have your burp cloth, ya know the nice switch-a-roo trick I played on you and Annamarie. I also have a gift to give you from Lara but I didn't see y'all Sunday. I'll look for you tomorrow night.

I also delivered all three of my young-ins at East. It's just so much more convenient if you ask me. I think both places have positives and negatives. Dr. Waller was my doc, but I love Dr. P too! :-) You'll probably go by the time he has to leave, don't worry! :-)

Kiera said...

I'm so excited for yall!! I found your blog from Hilliary's. You'll have to check out mine. We just found out Monday that we are having a boy too!!! Such a fun time. You're going to be awesome parents!! keep in touch. Talk to you soon!
Kiera

Lanell said...

I delivered Joseph at East and loved it! I was also in the hosp at East several times during my preg with the twins. The nurses are great.

I'm so glad you are blogging again.

The Grimmers said...

I had Jason-Paul at East and enjoyed the experience. Dr. Martin also practices with Dr. Phillips so maybe you'll get him. I had 2 inductions and 1 that came on his own and I can honestly say that the inductions were much more enjoyable and painless in my case. And as far as the 27th, Donovan said that was AMAZING! (you know that is his birthday) Well good luck and call me.